Studio Account/Project Manager
Title: Studio Account/Project Manager
Reports to: Managing Director of Studio Services
Direct reports: None
Indirect reports: Studio Flexible Staff (i.e. Production Artists, Copywriters, Proofreaders)
Start date: July 31st and/or ASAP
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Studio Account/Project Manager is a key part of our Creatis Studio leadership team, working closely with our Managing Director to build and grow client relationships, and engage the Studio team on the flawless execution of projects on-time and on within budget.
The Creatis Account/Project Manager will have proven expertise in Project Management skills working with internal resources and both internal and external clients, with a successful track record of excellence in account management and development. Accountabilities includes sourcing, developing and maintaining client relationships, developing and continually improving studio project management processes, careful execution of those processes, and ongoing management of project teams. Financial literacy is a must for accurate proposal/estimate and client run rate report development, plus precise monthly reporting and billing. The right individual will embody and relish the core values of Creatis: Teamwork, Partnership, Of Service, Do What’s Right, Shared Journey and Be Excellent.
- Strategic Account Management and Development (15% of time): Grow Studio revenue and generate leads/prospects from existing accounts, create new leads, prospects and customers from current or previous clients as well as from own network. Manage a dedicated Book of Business as assigned by the Managing Director of Studio, with direct responsibility to retain and grow revenue and profit from these existing clients. Proactively develop these client relationships by going wide and deep with new and existing contacts as appropriate. Includes ongoing documentation of plans, activities and metrics, and the creation and maintenance of leads, prospects and old/new client data and information within the NetSuite CRM system.
- Core Studio Project Lead (65% of time): Manage assigned book of clients and oversee all aspects of Studio projects for these clients. Ensure successful execution and achievement of expected financials (revenue, costs and profit margin). Manage quality control including proofing, reviewing, creative output, approvals and project processes. Continuous improvement in quality control are signs of success. The position is expected to maintain a minimum billable percentage of 80%+ on a weekly average per quarter.
- Resource Planning & Allocation (10% of time): Draw on past and ongoing current project knowledge to maintain ongoing Studio staffing levels for efficient and effective resource management. Supports Managing Director of Studio in managing Studio staff in maintaining a minimum monthly billable percentage of 90% on a weekly average per quarter.
- Proposals and Estimates (5% of time): Work independently and in conjunction with Managing Director of Studio on the development and presentation of comprehensive and persuasive proposals and estimates for Studio projects. Partner with internal studio team to gather input, develop scope-of-work centered on functional and business requirements and troubleshoot based on historical “like” projects.
- Client Billing & Run Rate Management (5% of time): Author a monthly run rate report to be reviewed with Managing Director of Studio for learnings, adjustments and necessary communications. Work in conjunction with Director to shepherd projects from authorization through close process and report monthly, and to create and finalize monthly client billing and invoicing. Develop and maintain a monthly run rate report to review with Studio Director to determine on/off projection reports and make recommendations on appropriate client follow-up.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field. 5+ years of experience as project manager and/or in B2B account management, with 7+ years of professional experience in total at minimum. At least 2 years of supervisory experience a plus.
- Large to medium-sized advertising/marketing agency experience required, preferably in project management or account management. Corporate marketing or creative services experience a plus.
- Background in and/or understanding of marketing and creative processes. Industry experience could include advertising, creative services, digital, print, marketing staffing/studio services, managing a marketing team within an organization, etc.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and management of multiple tasks of equal priority. Sound judgment and proven ability to problem-solve with strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Self-starter, resourceful, enthusiastic, operates with a sense of urgency, quick-starter and able to meet multiple priorities in a demanding and deadline-oriented environment. Proven results in a deadline-driven profession.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required; familiarity with a CRM tool such as NetSuite or Microsoft CRM a plus.
- Significant and growing professional network within the Twin Cities marketplace preferred.