Marketing Communications Specialist
Position: Marketing Communications Specialist
Department: Enterprise Marketing
Work Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:45 PM
This individual partners with the Executive Communications Consultant to create reports and presentations for C-suite and various Sr. Leaders across the company. The role ensures on-target and on-time delivery of drafts and final proofs consistent with the voice and tone of brand guidance. Expertise in Microsoft Office is essential to make client edits, create charts and graphs, and build messaging. Data analysis and strong application of data visualization skills will drive the creation of messaging within presentations and reports. The role will also partner closely with the Internal Marketing Agency Design team to facilitated brand review and obtain images for deliverables. The role must exhibit outstanding organization, client communication skills, and attention to detail in achieving the highest possible standards in client service.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must have a proven track record in PowerPoint backed up by a strong PowerPoint portfolio.
• Expertise in data analysis and data visualization. Ability to apply to reports, charts, dashboards, and presentations in Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Wdesk (collaborative file share reporting tool by Workiva) and Workfront (workflow management tool) a plus.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and consultative approach to effectively extract information needed to successfully meet expectations.
• Ability to be flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced environment, dealing with ambiguity and available for overtime as needed.
• Self-motivated and independent, excelling in time management, organization, and prioritization, with solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills. Ability to troubleshoot issues independently.
• Able to recognize and appropriately handle highly sensitive and confidential material/information.
• Adheres to Securian Financial brand standards with oversight by Internal Marketing Agency and participates in regular brand audits. Ability to work within specific templates and very detailed guidelines.
What you do as an Executive Communications Consultant:
1. Provides Microsoft Office support (Excel and Word) to make edits, manipulate financial data and build charts and graphs for time sensitive, complex reports for Securian C-suite and Sr. Leaders.
• Partners with Exec Communications Consultant and Manager of Corporate Communications to gather requirements and develop report summaries/booklets on behalf of the C-suite and other key executives
• Provides data visualization support to build charts and graphs to advance the messaging required within the reports
• Builds or edits chart/graph information within Wdesk, edits and formats templated reports within Wdesk as needed
• Partners with the Internal Marketing Agency to schedule brand consistency reviews and make edits as directed by the creative team
2. Build, format and edit Microsoft Office PowerPoint presentations for Securian C-suite and Sr. Leaders.
• Partners with the Exec Communications Consultant and Manager of Corporate Communications to gather requirements and develop PowerPoint presentations for C-Suite and other key executives
• Provides data visualization support to build charts and graphs within PowerPoint presentations
• Edits content and provide formatting to templated PowerPoint slides
• Partners with the Internal Marketing Agency to request images required for presentations
• Partners with the Internal Marketing Agency Design team to schedule brand consistency reviews and make edits as directed by the creative team
3. Review data analysis provided by project owners and apply data visualization brand guidance within templated materials (PowerPoints, Word, Wdesk).
• Strong understanding of data visualization
• Ability to synthesize data provided by project owners and apply brand guidance to data visualization as needed
• Follow process to note and document exceptions to brand data visualization and communicate appropriately
4. Partner with the Creative Project Manager and the Internal Marketing Agency to initiate project requests, image needs, brand review and template updates as needed.
• Confirm project deadlines to create brand review timelines within the Internal Marketing Agency
• Submit image requests to the Internal Marketing Agency Design team within Workfront (workflow management tool)
• Facilitate the brand review with the Internal Marketing Agency Design team and make edits based on feedback
• Provide feedback and direction to update corporate-wide Microsoft Office templates
5. Edit and format branded Microsoft Office Word templates for use across the Securian. Provides cleanup and instruction for use.
• Review current Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint templates and provide updates to increase ease of use
• Build instructions and guidance for Microsoft templates users across Securian
6. Performs related activities as directed and additional responsibilities as identified by the team.