Graphic Designer - Print/Digital
Position: Graphic Designer - Print/Digital
Industry: Health care
Start Date: ASAP
This position is responsible for the design and production of print and digital assets from concept to completion for product marketing materials and integrated campaigns supporting go-to-market advertising and segment specific initiatives. Implement and maintain organizational brand standards in print, digital (web, email, social, banners), presentations and other communication materials to maintain a strong presence as brand advocate for internal partners. Provide technical expertise in the area of graphic design through application of current technology and best practices (Adobe Creative Suite /HTML /CSS). Provide graphic design coordination and consultation for external and internal communications, including PR. Work closely with marketing team by being accountable for best practices in design, production, business partner review and speed to market.
- Collaborate with the Senior Graphic Designer to design and produce content for digital marketing efforts that maintain brand standards and promote campaign and brand initiatives that enhance design, user experience, and functionality across all digital platforms: email, website, landing pages, portals, social media, and display ads. Applied experience in HTML for email development, CSS for web design, and Adobe CS for digital banner ads and social media asset creation is necessary – including ability to test and demonstrate best practices in each channel.
- Collaborate with the Senior Graphic Designer to design and produce UCare marketing print materials and assist in the production of regulatory materials, including UCare external member, prospect, provider, and media communications for various clients across the organization. Deliver error-free versions and create 508 compliant files while maintaining consistency across all media. Collaborate across organization and prioritize and execute workload to meet stakeholder deadlines.
- Participate in Creative Brief process and work collaboratively with Communication Leads and Business Owners to produce materials that meet marketing strategy objectives. This includes conceptualization, design, layout and final art for print/digital including collateral materials, corporate identities, advertising, presentations, event assets, including displays, from concept to completion.
- Serve as graphics resource and consultant to other departments – under direction from Traffic Coordinator, in contact with the Associate Director and Senior Graphic Designer – on communications projects and work in a cross-functional or collaborative function with other areas of the organization.
- Provide expertise regarding multimedia presentations and use of technology to enhance presentations including development and implementation of communication materials to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Adhere to member material process mapping system, and fulfill business owner and some marketing communications roles as outlined in the process.
- Support the communications function through continuous improvement of processes to best serve the customer.
- Remain current in graphics industry trends as they relate to the operations of the department, its projects and programs.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or other related field with a portfolio demonstration of strong design skills and technique. Course work in graphic design: digital (web, email, social, banner ads), layout design, print production, visual arts or a related field, along with an outstanding portfolio. Five years of experience that demonstrates clear knowledge of digital and print production in the field of design, may suffice in the absence of a degree.
B. Required Experience
Five years of job experience designing/creating print and digital materials, including production. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and putting together GREP Styles and Paragraph/Character styles. Ability to implement usability principles, accessibility, 508 requirements to create accessible PDFs, and creation of digital assets produced in Adobe CS such as banner ads and social media graphics. Proficiency in digital, including HTML for email development and applied experience in CSS for web design. Microsoft PowerPoint for presentations and branding templates. Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to handle multiple, fast-paced projects. Must have a solid knowledge of design processes, ability to design within brand guidelines, and ability to work in mentioned software on Mac + PC platforms.
C. Preferred Experience
Experience in and understanding of health care industry and managed care.
D. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert Graphic/Production designer with ability to work create materials for print and digital media.
- Ability to take direction from Senior Graphic Designer on concepts and design, and implement them from creation to final output.
- Ability to design within brand guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize simultaneous ongoing projects.
- Web development skills including CSS Style sheets and HTML.
- Understanding and ability to create/design web graphics and user interfaces.
- Ability to implement usability principles, accessibility, 508 requirements to create accessible PDFs.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Computer proficiency with current desktop publishing and presentation software.
- Ability to handle multiple, complex projects under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work in a consultative manner across the organization.