Accounting/Operations/HR and Office Coordinator
Position: Accounting/Operations/HR and Office Coordinator
Reports To: VP of Finance/HR and Business Operations
Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Please fill out our application via the link at the bottom of the page, and under the "Person You Are Meeting With" question on the application, enter: Beth Bitney.
Scope of Responsibility:
The Accounting/Operations/HR and Office Coordinator will be a degreed business professional with at least 3-5 years of professional work experience preferably within a similar working environment. The person must have a proven ability to work in an administrative support role with payroll/invoice transaction processing responsibilities, and interact effectively with a wide variety of employees, business partners and vendors. He/she must also be professional in appearance and interactions, with a strong ability to handle a wide variety of tasks in sometimes stressful situations. The ideal person will have a strong attention to detail with a proven ability to multi-task. He/she will have experience responding quickly and thoroughly to multiple requests. He/she will be a self-starter who is good at working repetitively within defined processes.
The right individual will embody and relish the core values of Creatis: Teamwork, Of Service, Do What’s Right, Be Excellent and Shared Journey.
Financial Processing (Payroll, Invoicing) (40% of time)
Handle a wide variety of payroll, billing and account payable/receivable processes including:
- Conduct timely and accurate data entry
- Oversee bi-weekly payroll processing
- Record daily deposits and enter accounts payable detail into the system; deposit checks
- Update weekly scorecards, dashboards or similar reports, both internal & client
- Create and distribute client invoices; maintain up to date records for all billings and payments
- Work efficiently with client procurement systems to support billing process
- Support the collection of Accounts Receivable
- Support year-end financial close including the creation and mailing of 1099 statements, ACA’s and W2’s
- Process credit cards for Studio program (currently the AmeriPrise ad program) and resolve any related issues
- Create, track and manage all aspects of the process for processing invoices and paying 1099/contractors of Creatis
HR Coordination & Benefits Administration (35% of time)
- Conduct timely and accurate data entry
- Maintain time reporting system; working directly with employees to ensure that all time is entered accurately and timely
- Audit weekly timesheets in both NetSuite CRM and the various procurement systems to ensure completeness and identify gaps/discrepancies
- Manage tracking for employee eligibility for PTO, holiday, health insurance and 401(K) benefit offerings
- Communicate to employees as they become eligible for benefits and assist in the enrollment into plans, as needed
- Partner with Staffing team for new hire orientation sessions – including training on NetSuite and completion of new hire documentation
- Assist in employee background checks and drug screenings.
- Assist in client-required HR reporting (i.e. monthly sanction checks)
- Effectively manage new hire set up (phone, eMail, system access)
Office Administration/Receptionist (20% of time)
Supervise all office needs and serve as front line for visitors and phone calls.
- Monitor office supplies and place appropriate orders; ensure orders are received and stored in an orderly fashion. Organize and manage all storage areas.
- Maintain appropriate supply of food, beverage and paper products for the office, including the orderly storing of all items
- Receive and direct visitors in person, including prospective employees, clients, business partners and delivery personnel
- Greet and engage Creatis visitors upon arrival (offering beverage, informing person that has arrived, engaging effectively)
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (eMail, mail, packages, etc.)
- Receive incoming calls on general and direct phone line; screen calls and direct calls to appropriate person
- Handle employee calls regarding time entry, benefits, etc.
- Oversee organization and cleanliness of kitchen area (includes dishwasher, coffee makers, ice maker, etc.) and other standard duties.
General Administration Duties (5% of time):
- Order and ensure appropriate delivery and set up of food and beverages for Creatis social/client events in the Creatis offices
- Order and set up food and beverage for Creatis Board meetings, client meetings and quarterly Creatis employee luncheon
- Help coordinate Annual Client/Employee event and other Creatis-sponsored events
- Maintain a clean and professional office atmosphere and condition
- Maintain employee records and lists, as needed (i.e. phone lists, birthday/anniversary lists)
- Filing and other administrative duties
- Support President/CEO and VP of Finance with other general administrative tasks, as requested
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or associate degree in accounting, business administration, marketing or related field
- Proven track record in similar role with 3-5 years in a professional, administrative role with weekly financial transaction accountabilities
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook and CRM systems like NetSuite
- Familiarity with management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Strong, error-free data entry skills
- Excellent organizational skills with high level of attention to detail
- Proven track record of maintaining confidentiality and exercising a high level of discretion about confidential information
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to convey a sense of ‘welcome’ to employees, clients and guests
- Non-exempt role, paid hourly
- Expanded administrative team benefits
- Position works out of the Creatis offices – 201 Irving Avenue North, Minneapolis
- Hours of works between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with flexibility for extended hours for morning and evening events, as needed