Accounting/Operations/HR and Office Coordinator
Title: Accounting/Operations/HR and Office Coordinator
Reports To: VP of Finance/HR and Business Operations
Direct Reports: None
Date: January 2020
Scope of Responsibility:
This is a key execution role within the Creatis team with responsibility for the efficient and effective transactional processing of key financial and human resources activities. Additionally, the person is responsible for the oversight and efficient management of the Creatis offices and the performing of a variety of administrative duties including office management and reception duties.
The Accounting/Operations/HR and Office Coordinator will be a degreed business professional with at least 3 years of professional work experience preferably within a similar working environment.
The person must have a proven ability to work in an administrative support role with bookkeeping responsibilities, and interact effectively with a wide variety of employees, business partners and vendors. He/she must also be professional in appearance and interactions, with a strong ability to handle a wide variety of tasks in sometimes stressful situations. The ideal person will have a strong attention to detail with a proven ability to multi-task. He/she will have experience responding quickly and thoroughly to multiple requests. He/she will be a self-starter who is good at working repetitively within defined processes.
The right individual will embody and relish the core values of Creatis: Teamwork, Partnership, Of Service, Do What’s Right, Be Excellent and Shared Journey.
Accounting and Financial processing (40% of time):
Handle a wide variety of payroll, billing and account payable/receivable processes including:
- Conduct timely and accurate transaction processing
- Oversee bi-weekly payroll processing
- Record daily deposits and enter accounts payable detail into the system; deposit checks
- Update weekly scorecards, dashboards or similar reports, both internal & client
- Create and distribute client invoices; maintain up to date records for all billings and payments
- Work efficiently with client procurement systems to support billing process
- Support the collection of Accounts Receivable
- Support year-end financial close including the creation and mailing of 1099 statements, ACA’s and W2’s
- Process credit cards for Studio program and resolve any related issues
- Create, track and manage all aspects of the process for processing invoices and paying 1099/contractors of Creatis
HR Administration (35% of time):
- Conduct timely and accurate data entry and transaction processing
- Maintain time reporting system; working directly with employees to ensure that all time is entered accurately and timely
- Audit weekly timesheets in both NetSuite CRM and the various procurement systems to ensure completeness and identify gaps/discrepancies
- Manage tracking for employee eligibility for PTO, holiday, health insurance and 401(K) benefit offerings
- Communicate to employees as they become eligible for benefits and assist in the enrollment into plans, as needed
- Partner with Staffing team for new hire orientation sessions – including training on NetSuite and completion of new hire documentation
- Assist in completion, tracking and management of employee background checks and drug screenings
- Conduct and complete documentation for client-required HR reporting (i.e. monthly sanction checks)
- Effectively manage new hire set up (phone, eMail, system access) as well as for terminations
Office Coordination/Events and Reception (20% of time):
Supervise all office needs and serve as front line for visitors and phone calls.
- Monitor office supplies and place appropriate orders; ensure orders are received and stored in an orderly fashion. Organize and manage all storage areas.
- Maintain appropriate supply of food, beverage and paper products for the office, including the orderly storing of all items
- Receive and direct visitors in person, including prospective employees, clients, business partners and delivery personnel
- Greet and engage Creatis visitors upon arrival (offering beverage, informing person that has arrived, engaging effectively)
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (eMail, mail, packages, etc.)
- Receive incoming calls on general and direct phone line; screen calls and direct calls to appropriate person
- Handle employee calls regarding time entry, benefits, etc.
- Provide contact information/direction for non-Creatis issue to building landlord or appropriate tenant
- Oversee organization and cleanliness of kitchen area (includes dishwasher, coffee makers, ice maker, etc.) and other standard duties.
General Administration Duties (5% of time):
- Order and ensure appropriate delivery and set up of food and beverages for Creatis social/client events in the Creatis offices
- Order and set up food and beverage for:
-Board/client meetings (approximately 1 per month)
-Quarterly Creatis team birthday luncheons
- Assist in the coordination of Annual Client/Employee event and other Creatis-sponsored events
- Maintain a clean and professional office atmosphere and condition
- Maintain employee records and lists, as needed (i.e. phone lists, birthday/anniversary lists)
- Filing and other administrative duties
- Support President/CEO and VP of Finance with other general administrative tasks, as requested
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or associate degree in accounting, business, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years in a professional, administrative role with accounting and transaction processing responsibilities
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook and CRM systems like NetSuite
- Familiarity with management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Strong, error-free data entry skills
- Excellent organizational skills with high level of attention to detail
- Proven track record of maintaining confidentiality and exercising a high level of discretion about confidential information
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to convey a sense of ‘welcome’ to employees, clients and guests
- Non-exempt role
- Position works out of the Creatis offices
- Core work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with flexibility of extended hours as needed
- Administrative, non-exempt benefits apply